This site is all about helping English-speaking people negotiate the day-to-day trials and tribulations of vegan life in France. Below is a list of all the issues that I’ve covered to date, organised by topic. I hope that this will help you to find information on the site more easily.
If you prefer to read my articles in a blog style, starting with the latest post in chronological order, please click here.
Vegan life in France
- How to go vegan in France
- Why be a vegan in France? the animals, the environment, your health
- Avoiding non-vegan products: leather, wool, silk, honey and fur
- How to find vegans friends in France
- Five tips for eating out in France
- How to deal with non-vegan personal possessions
- Five fantastic vegan animal sanctuaries in France
- Do vegans need to worry about GMO in France
Vegan food & ingredients
- Everything you need to now about vegan bread in France
- Is the tap water safe to drink in France
- Where to buy vegan wine in France
- Where to get vegan cheese
- Where to get vegan spread and margarine
- Everything you need to know about plant-based milk alternatives
- An analysis of different plant-based dairy alternatives
- Where to buy nutritional yeast
- Finding your favourite herbs and spices
- All about faux meat and veggie meats in France
- Which oils to use for cooking
- What types of salad dressing oils can buy in France?
- All about French flours
- Where to buy unusual or speciality flour
- Everything you need to know about French sugar
- All you need to know about fruit juices in France
- Everything you need to know about buying rice in France
- Tea lovers: are your French teabags vegan?
Non-food vegan products
Shopping & labelling
- What vegan products do the discount stores sell?
- Vegan labelling and e-numbers
- What do you need to know about banned E171?
Vegan nutrition & cooking
- Shining the spotlight on French nutritional advice
- Nine essential nutrients for a healthy vegan diet
- Ensuring you get sufficient iodine in your vegan diet
- Essential French cooking terms
- Vegan baking in France
- Ready-made pastry
Animal welfare issues in France
- What to do if you find a stray dog or cat
- Everything you need to know about local hunting: la chasse
- Hunting on horseback: new law bans opposition
- Apart from hunting, what other cruel practices proliferate in France?
- Did you know that bullfighting still happens in France?
- Dealing with mice and other visitors the humane way
- Cruel practices in traditional French cuisine
- Wild animals are still exploited in French circuses